Here are 10 symptoms that may signal heart trouble:
1. Chest pain: Pain in the chest is common when you are having a heart attack. However, it doesn’t always occur. It may be centred on the breastbone or slightly to the left.
2. Pain elsewhere: The pain isn’t confined to the chest. It can be experienced in other areas. There may be no chest pain just pain in areas like the abdomen, either or both arms, or between the shoulders. – 42% of women and around 30% of men arrived at hospital without any chest pain or discomfort.
3. Pressure: It may be pressure more than pain that you experience.
4. Sickness: It’s not uncommon for people to feel sick or throw up during a heart attack. You may have indigestion like symptoms or stomach pain. Feeling sick or vomiting can be associated with having a heart attack.
5. Shortness of breath and dizziness: eople who feel breathless when they aren’t active may have a pulmonary condition like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). However breathlessness could also indicate a heart attack. Heart attacks can also cause dizziness.
6. Heart beating fast: A rapid or irregular pulse especially when accompanied by weakness, dizziness, or shortness of breath, can be evidence of a heart attack, heart failure, or an arrhythmia (heart rhythm problem). Untreated, some arrhythmias can lead to stroke, heart failure, or sudden death.
7. Anxiety: Some people having survived a heart attack talk about having a feeling of foreboding and anxiety.
8. Sweating: Breaking out in a sweat is a common symptom of a heart attack.
9. Looks ill: It stands to reason but some people look gravely unwell in the throes of a heart attack.
10. Tiredness and weakness: Unusual feelings of tiredness and severe weakness may be experienced in the days leading up to a heart attack. There are many other conditions that can leave you feeling tired but it is best to seek advice especially if you are exhibiting any other symptoms.
Heart attacks don’t have to be fatal. The British Heart Foundation estimates that there are well over a million people living in the UK who’ve had a heart attack. You have a much better chance of survival if you seek immediate medical help.
Source: snappyworlds.com & www.healthyveganstyle.com