6 Curious Facts About Tattoos You Probably Didn’t Know
1. Skin allergies such as rashes or scars could develop at any time after you get inked.
2. Depending on the size and variation of colors in the tattoo, your skin can be pierced between 50 and 3,000 times per minute.
3. Temporary tattoos made with black henna ink, containing para-phenylenediamine or PDD, can cause permanent scarring.
4. If you only have a couple of tattoos or are thinking about getting your first one, it’s important to research your tattoo artist and their studio.
5. It’s wise to think about how your tattoo may be perceived by others because it can lead to some social disruption between friends, colleagues and family members.
6. Removing a tattoo does require a good amount of money, time and could be painful as well. Multiple sessions of laser treatments are required, and as with any procedure.