There was a time when women had no choice but to marry according to the wish of their parents or guardians. That is no longer the case with women being more assertive about their lives. In fact many modern women are not in a hurry to get into marriage. In a survey, some women expressed their opinions on marriage and explained why they would like to postpone it until they are totally okay to get into such a relationship. Here are some reasons why some women never want to marry.
1. Being someone’s wife is a concept that puts off some women. Also, changing the surname and all other formalities seem more ritualistic than pleasure.
2. Marriage is just a legal paper which tells the world that you want to live with someone. When you are sure about your relationship and have no insecurities, you don’t need the permission or the sanction of someone else to live together.
3. Most of the married couples aren’t happy. And this made some of us perceive marriage as a suffocated relationship which causes pain for the rest of the life. On the top of it, getting out of such a pain needs legal sanction.
4. Going to the man’s house and living amidst strangers for the rest of the life is something which horrifies some women.
5. The pressure to marry that family members and the society give when a woman is ageing upsets some women and makes them hate it altogether.