The lower body is a big trouble spot for many people, especially women. Hips and thighs are where most of the unnecessary fat comes home to rest to make your figure unattractive. Hormones, genetics and an unhealthy lifestyle are the top causes of fat accumulated in these areas. There are many effective techniques, simple lifestyle changes and dietary choices to reduce fat from your hips and thighs and tone them up.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps breakdown fat and hence prevents the accumulation of body fat. Containing minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium, it also helps flush out toxins and prevent water retention.
- Mix 3 parts raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with one part olive oil or coconut oil. Use it to massage your hips and thighs for 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy 2 times daily.
- Another option is to mix 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a little honey in a glass of water. Drink it daily in the morning, preferably before having your breakfast.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great for losing extra fat from your body, including your thighs and hips. The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil get absorbed directly into the cell membranes and are immediately converted into energy instead of being stored as fat. Moreover, coconut oil improves your metabolism and reduces hunger cravings.
- Massage your thighs and hips with warm coconut oil for 10 minutes twice daily.
- Also, use extra-virgin coconut oil for cooking.
3. Sea Salt
Sea salt will help tone and tighten the skin on your hips and thighs. You can swap your normal refined salt with Celtic sea salt. Celtic sea salt is packed with minerals, which help reduce excess body fat and keep your body hydrated.
Moreover, you can prepare a detox bath at home with sea salt.
- In a tub of warm water, add 2 cups of sea salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add 6 to 8 drops of any essential oil.
- Soak your body in this relaxing water for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy this bath a few times a week.
4. Dietary Changes
A healthy diet is a key factor in losing weight and maintaining a healthy and toned body, including your thighs and hips. To keep a check on your diet, here are some guidelines:
- Eat low-calorie foods. Restrict your daily intake of calories between 1,200 and 1,500 calories. If you are a man, restrict your calorie intake between 1,500 and 1,800 calories.
- Follow a low-carbohydrate diet as excess carbohydrates contribute to weight gain.
- Avoid high sugar intake by eliminating sodas, energy drinks and juices that have high sugar content. To sweeten your tea or any other dish, opt for natural sweeteners like honey.
- Drink a few cups of green tea daily, as it has antioxidants that aid weight loss.