After the decision of the central government to withdraw notes of 500 and 1000 denomination,there is an opportunity for those who have these notes to exchange them.The following things may be noted while exchanging these notes.
1. Notes can be changed at post offices and banks till December 30.
2. Those who fail to exchange notes before December 30,has time until March 31, but with relevant identity cards.
3. Notes can be exchanged in petrol pumps till Friday.
4. Hospitals also will accept notes until Friday. With a proper prescription, pharmacies will also accept notes until Friday.
5. Public sector undertakings,milk booths, co operative departments will also accept the notes.
6. Crematoriums too will accept these notes till 72 hours.
7. Those who land in airports can change notes up to 5000 rupees at the facilities available there.
8. Railway stations,government owned bus stations will accept notes for ticket reservation.
9. Serial numbers of notes given to a bank for exchange must be noted.
10. Only up to Rs.10000 can be withdrawn from ATMs per day.
11. And only up to Rs.20000 can be withdrawn from ATM s per week.
12. Online transactions can be done as usual.