Anyone who’s in a long-term relationship in their 20s will know that there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages to it. Here are the advantages of being in a relationship in your 20s.
1. You’ve already found what most people spend their whole lives searching for — someone who truly understands you.
2. Being able to fully trust someone is so important when trying to figure out your life.
3. You have someone who knows and loves you during a time when you’re constantly learning and growing.
4. The laughter is deeper, the physical contact is better, and the affection is stronger in a committed relationship compared to a casual fling.
5. You’re constantly reassured of your talents and aspirations. It’s like having a personal 24/7 cheerleader.
6. Your family won’t constantly bug you to see if you’re dating anyone — they already know and love him.
7. At the end of the day, there will always be someone waiting for you.
8. While friends are telling you about all the immature guys they meet on Tinder or at bars, you don’t have to deal with jerks on a weekly basis.
9. Monogamy equals reduced risk of STDs.
10. You have someone who reminds you every day how much they love every part of you.