Diehard fans of both Mohanlal and Mammootty have interesting theories to demonstrate how good their favorite actor is. Some of them are funny and some are silly
Mammootty fans arguments
1. Mammotty has the most number of National awards as Best actor.
2. Most melodious performances are delivered by Mammootty in Thaniyavarthanam, Valsalyam
3. Mohanlal can’t do the powerful roles such as Chandu in ‘Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha’, Patel in ‘Videyan’, Pazhasi in Pazhasiraja.
4. Mohanlal doesn’t have a successful film series like ‘CBI diary kuruppu’
5. Mammootty delivered masculine performances in many films than Mohanlal did.
6. Mammootty has got most 20 crore box office collection.
7. Acted in English movie.
It goes on..
On the other hand, Mohanlal fans argue on the basis of his versatility
1. Mohanlal also got National award for 3 times (one is Special Jury mention)
2. Mammootty cannot dance or do comic scenes like Mohanlal.
3. Mohanlal can do any roles and he is flexible and down to earth person.
4. Mohanlal is a trendsetter. Eg: ‘Poda mone dinesha’ dialogue
5. Mohanlal got more state awards than Mammootty and they explain how the eminent film personalities praised Mohanlal at various occasions.
6. Mohanlal in 100 Crore club movie, Most 50 Crore plus movies.
7. Most 300+, 365 days movies.
Arguments never end until some amicable intervention is there. For neutral fans, both of them are great actors and they appreciate the performances based on films.