As an Indian Drinking tea is a popular habit. But what happens when you drink too much of it. Tea is the most popular drink across the globe after water and there is hardly any routine to follow when it comes to drinking tea. We all drink tea at least thrice a day. However, do you know the health problems of drinking too much tea? Tea should be always consumed in small quantities, so that you will not have to face any of the side effects of drinking too much tea.
Some health problems that can come out of drinking too much tea.
- The caffeine content in tea, too Much Intake Of Caffeine Can Cause Restlessness.Too much of tea can lead to restlessness, anxiety, increased heart rate and trouble in having a sound sleep.
- If you have made a habit out of tea all your life there are some withdrawal symptoms that can arise if you are depended too much on tea. like headache, fatigue and difficulty in concentrating if you suddenly decide to curb the over dependence on the stimulant.
- The most dangerous Health problem that can come out of drinking too much tea is Skeletal Fluorosis. Which is a painful bone disease caused by over consumption of fluoride. Tea has a high content of fluoride and taking too much of this drink makes you vulnerable to fluoride toxicity.
- Shockingly, research has proved too much tea can also be a reason for prostate cancer. People who consume several cups of tea in a day have 50 per cent higher chances of developing prostate cancer than those who don’t.
- Kidney failure, a 56-year-old American’s kidney failure was linked by doctors to excessively high intake of tea.
- We all need tea in the morning for us to clear our bowel movement, if you catch my drift! But constipation may arise from too much tea as well.
- A chemical in the drink called theophylline can lead to a dehydrating effect on stools passing through intestines, causing constipation. Black tea is a strict no for those who are suffering from ailments like stomach ulcer.
- Pregnant women should be careful while drinking black tea, as its caffeine content can harm the foetus and pose a threat of miscarriage.In fact, expecting mothers should avoid tea or coffee completely.