Maruti is all set to launch the new Baleno on October 26, 2015. Maruti’s new offering will be the second product after the S-Cross to be sold via its premium Nexa dealerships. The carmaker has started accepting bookings for the Baleno with deliveries being promised by the end of the month by some dealerships.
The Baleno will come with two engine options:
1.2-litre 84ps petrol (Manual and CVT gearbox option).
1.3-litre 75ps diesel(Manual gearbox only).
There will be seven paint shades on offer across four trim levels. Like the S-Cross, the Baleno will feature Maruti’s “premium” variant nomenclature that starts with the base Sigma trim, two mid-level trims named Delta and Zeta and the Alpha top-spec version.
Here’s a look at some of the features on offer on the new Baleno.
Maruti Baleno Sigma
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Power windows (Front only)
- Power steering with tilt function
- Gear shift indicator
- Rear parcel tray
- AC with heater
- Central locking
Maruti Baleno Delta
- Power windows (front and rear)
- Rear wiper with defogger
- AC with Climate control
- Power folding and adjustable wing mirrors
- Rear parking sensors
- Steering mounted audio controls
- 60:40 split rear seat
- Keyless entry
- CVT gearbox variant (Petrol only)
Maruti Baleno Zeta
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
- Telescopic steering wheel
- LED daytime running lamps
- Automatic headlamps with follow-me-home function
- Alloy wheels
- Driver’s seat height adjust
- Keyless entry and go with push button start
- Front fog lamps
Maruti Baleno Alpha
- Projector headlamps
- Reverse camera
- SmartPlay infotainment system.
The Maruti Baleno will take on the likes of the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo. The S-Cross which was Maruti’s first offering through Nexa outlets received a mediocre response. However, it now remains to be seen as to how Maruti balances the premium price equation for the Baleno while keeping it competitive against its rivals.
By Akbar Merchant, autocarindia.com