Arm fat is generally caused due to the accumulation of excess fat in the arm area. The fat deposition in other parts of the body is easy to shed, but it is quite difficult to burn the excess fat in the arms. So the gradual deposition of fat in the arms leads to flabby arms.
The growing age is another reason of arm fat. After the 20s, our body tends to store more fat in various parts and the lean muscles start to decrease. So the fat accumulation becomes more than the lean muscles, one of the main causes of flabby arms.
Simple & Effective Exercises to Lose Arm Fat
1. One Arm Triceps
- Sit on the floor by keeping your legs and feet joined together.
- Keep your hands on the floor shoulder width apart and a foot behind the hips. Your fingers should point the hips.
- Bend your knees and keep the feet flat on the floor.
- Straighten your arms and raise your hips. This will put weight on your arms.
- Bend your left elbow and with the help of right arm which is still straight, lower your hips to the floor. Ensure not to touch the floor.
- Now repeat the same move with the other arm.
2. Triceps Dips
- Place the chair or the desk in a stable position.
- Stand in front of the chair by keeping at least 3 feet distance.
- Turn your back and place your hands on the chair or desk.
- The hands should be shoulder width apart.
- Move forward with 3 to 4 steps away from the chair or desk.
- Straighten your upper body and bend the knees to be in line with the chair or desk height.
- Now bend your elbows and lower your body as low as to the ground.
- Come back to the normal position.
- Performing 3 sets of 20 repetitions every day will help you to lose arm fat effectively.
3. Lateral Plank Walk
- Lie on the floor on your stomach and then take the plank position by keeping your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor.
- Keep your legs and feet joined together.
- Your fingers should point outwards and your body should be in one straight line.
- Move and keep your right hand on the left and move your left foot towards left.
- Follow the same moves with the left hand and right foot.
- Return to the initial plank position.
- Pull your abs towards your spine and pelvis.
- Reverse the direction and take 3 steps to the right.
- Lie on the floor on the stomach.
- Now take the push-up position by keeping your feet together. Keep your hands apart wider than the shoulder width. Your elbows should be straight.
- Now bend your elbow and move your body towards the ground. Make sure that your stomach should not touch the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions every day to give a firm and toned look to your arms.
- You can do open push-ups by keeping your hands wider than the shoulder width and close push-ups by placing your hands close to each other.
5. Counter Push-ups
- Take the push-up position by keeping your hands on the platform.
- Keep your feet together and keep your hands apart wider than the shoulder width.
- Also, keep your back and the shoulder straight to exert pressure on the muscles on the arms.
- Now perform the push-ups and try to complete 3 sets of 20 push-ups.