“Knock And He’ll open the door
Vanish, And He’ll make you shine like the sun
fall, And He’ll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, and He’ll turn you into everything.” Said RUMI.
Yes! That is spirituality. A lot of people mistake Spirituality for Religion or some mysterious, supernatural occurrence. Some even think of it as a sect but this is because of their lack of knowledge and their fear of being manipulated. What is spirituality? How it differ from the religion?
There 7 important differences between spirituality and religion.
1. Spirituality makes you free. Religion compels you to obey. Otherwise you may get punished. But spirituality asks you to do what you think as the right without any hesitation.
2. Religion makes you addict of fear. But spirituality unties you from fear and enlightens you.
3. Religion tells the ultimate truth. It advice you what is right and what you must believe. But in a spiritual stage it teaches you that you have your own truths which emerge from the bottom of your heart. Spirituality also says you to find the truth and understand it in your own style.
4. Each religion differs from one another. But spirituality unites every religion together. Out beyond all disagreements, spirituality find truth from each of it and connect them together.
5. Religion makes you depended but spirituality makes you independent. We may seem like a person is satisfied and happy with involvement of their religious rituals and with extreme belief. But the real satisfaction and happiness is when we live without depending anything and free. This is the basic concept of spirituality.
6. Religion believes in punishments but spirituality believes in actions.
7. Religion asks you to follow the old and existing path. But spirituality asks you to travel through the paths of your own. To explore untouched paths. This will make you capable to find unfolded truths and define existing truths in a new way.