Things to know about uterus removal (Hysterectomy).
Hysterectomy is surgery to remove a woman’s womb (uterus). The uterus is a hollow muscular organ that nourishes the developing baby during pregnancy. A woman may have a hysterectomy for different reasons, including:
- Uterine fibroids that cause pain, bleeding, or other problems
- Uterine prolapse, which is a sliding of the uterus from its normal position into the vaginal canal
- Cancer of the uterus, cervix, or ovaries
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Adenomyosis, or a thickening of the uterus
Watch video in Malayalam!