5. Drink Enough Water
It is important to drink adequate amount of water throughout the day because your liver needs water to convert fat into energy and keep your metabolism high. Plus, it helps maintain optimal physical performance and aid your body in getting rid of harmful toxins.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of filtered water daily. In fact, start your day with a glass of water. To enhance the taste of plain water, add a little lemon juice or honey.
- Also, eat foods with higher water content like melons, cucumbers and leafy green vegetables. At the same time, stay away from excessive alcohol and coffee that can dehydrate the body.
6. Cayenne Pepper
Being a fat-burning food, cayenne pepper can help reduce fat accumulated on your hips and thighs and tone them up. Moreover, it boosts metabolism and helps eliminate toxins from the body.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of cayenne pepper powder and grated ginger along with the juice of 1 lemon to a glass of warm water. Mix well and drink it 2 times daily.
- Also, use cayenne pepper in your cooking.
7. Cardio and Strength Training Exercises
A proper exercise regime is the best way to lose fat from your entire body. Certain cardiovascular and strength training exercises can work out fat from your thighs and hips. You can do most of the strength exercises at home without any equipment. You simply need an area that allows you to move around easily.
- Work out on cardio equipment, such as a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical trainer, for 30 to 40 minutes at least 5 days a week. Most gyms have these basic machines. You can also check second-hand sporting goods shops for good deals on home equipment.
- In addition, do strength-training exercises, including regular squats, one-legged squats, jumping squats, lunges, leg extensions and leg curls, for 30 minutes at least 3 or 4 times a week.
You can also try yoga to reduce fat and tone the muscles in your hips and thighs. Apart from reducing fat, yoga will increase strength and flexibility, and calm your mind.
- The Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) is a well-known asana in yoga that will help tone the entire body, including your hips and thighs. It can be very useful for reducing thigh fat. Practice Surya Namaskar twice daily.
- Other yoga poses include Baddha Konasana (Cobbler’s pose), Setu Bandhasana (Bridge pose), Ananda Balasana (Happy baby pose), Utkatasana
- (Chair pose), Paschimottasana (Seated forward bend pose) and Veerabhadrasana (Warrior 3 pose).
- If you have any questions, consult a yoga practitioner to learn about the postures.